Thursday, August 31, 2006

Making an Impact

"There is no such thing as a self made person. You will reach your goals only with the help of others." George Shinn

This is one of many thought-provoking quotations in Nigel Risner's excellent new book 'The Impact Code'. I have just finished reading the book. However, I know that the last statement cannot be correct. If I have finished reading the book I will not get any value from it.

Some books are great entertainment. Some books get you thinking. Some books make a real impact on your life. Despite its entertainment value and thought-provoking, Nigel's book has the potential to be one of the latter for me, as long as I don't put it back onto the shelf and instead apply some of the lessons learnt!

Packed with challenges, ideas and questions this really is a worthwhile investment if you want to move your life onto the next level. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment