Monday, August 28, 2006

Welcome to my blog!

Having heard Graham Jones speaking at the London Professional Speakers Association (PSA) meeting a couple of weeks ago, I have finally sat down to write my own blog.

It is amazing how quickly technology is changing the way we interact and communicate with each other. I heard a couple of days ago about how we are in the middle of the second technology boom. A few short years since the dot com craze, the online networks such as Ecademy and Linked In, together with blogging sites such as this one seem to be taking a more and more prominent role both in general human interaction, and in marketing.

Like anything else, if you are to embrace this development, it is so important to understand what it can do for you and how to make the most of the opportunities offered. I look forward to sharing my thoughts on networking strategy and skills through this blog and hopefully to learn from you as well. Please do comment on my blogs so that we can help each other.

Through these blogs I aim to look at new ways to generate referrals for your business, discuss new ideas about how networking can help business development and also share stories of personal development through networking.

Ultimately, I want to look at how people connect and interact with each other and how we can share our resources to enhance each other's potential.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andy,

    I'm just getting my blog set up - although Graham will smack me for waiting so long after going on the course.

    If you know anyone who wants to go on Graham's course, we're running it in Chelmsford on 13th September. It was awsome. The link is here: Chelmsford 13 September
    http://www.grahamjones.biz/cmd.php?Clk=1491982.

    (btw: I just rode near your way this afternoon, whilst avoiding the showers - trying out the new leathers!)

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:06 pm

    Andy, congratulations on starting your blog. I wish you every success with it and look forward to learning from you and everyone else how to network effectively.

    Martin.

    ReplyDelete